22 Percent of Young Adult Americans (Age 18-34) Struggle to Fall Asleep More Often on Sunday Night
Bravo Star Jenni Pulos Partners with Febreze and ZzzQuil to Help Americans Sleep Soundly
CINCINNATI, March 3, 2015 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ — As Sleep Awareness Week kicks off, countless Americans will reflect on their sleep habits wondering what they can do to get more sleep. It is not a secret that Americans struggle to get a good night sleep. And according to a new online survey commissioned by Procter & Gamble (NYSE: PG) after consulting with the National Sleep Foundation and conducted by Harris Poll among over 2,000 U.S. adults age 18+, of Americans who struggle to fall asleep more on Sunday night, 68% attribute this to upcoming stresses including the work or school week, job or general.
The Nationwide Consumer Poll Among Those Who Struggle To Fall Asleep More On Sunday Revealed
- 29% admit that not getting a good night sleep on Sunday affects the rest of their week.
- The average time spent falling asleep after getting into bed on Sundays is 64 minutes.
- 88% say there are certain steps they can take before bedtime to lead to a good night sleep on Sunday. A better night sleep starts with a good bedtime routine.
P&G has teamed up with Jenni Pulos, star of Bravo’s Flipping Out, to help Americans suffering from occasional sleeplessness, or having difficulty falling asleep achieve a more restful night’s sleep with the Try it & Love it Sleep Soundly program. Along with the help of trusted brands, Febreze and ZzzQuil, Americans suffering from occasional sleeplessness can fall asleep more easily and sleep soundly.
“With a schedule as hectic as mine, it’s important to get a good night sleep to wake refreshed,” says Pulos. “However, like other Americans some nights I find myself in bed willing myself to fall asleep, which is why I’m so excited to partner with brands like Febreze and ZzzQuil to help occasional sleep sufferers, like myself, get a good night sleep.”
Jenni Pulos offers a few go-to tips for a better sleep experience:
- Paint Your Room a Cooling Color: Believe it or not, but the color of your bedroom can impact your sleep. Choose a calming shade from a cool-color family like grey, taupe, or a cool neutral which are known for creating a soothing, calm atmosphere.
- Create a Soothing Environment: As you’re preparing for bed simply mist a soothing scent in the room to unwind and relax. The calming nature of lavender or soothing properties of milk and honey from the Febreze Sleep Serenity Bedroom Mist collection transform any bedroom into a relaxing environment ideal for sleep.
- Me Time: After tucking your kids into bed or wrapping up your to-dos for the day, take advantage of quality “me” time. Flip on a show or read a book, but 30 minutes before bed turn off the TV and avoid using smartphones or tablets.
- If You Still Can’t Sleep: Some nights it can be downright difficult to drift off to sleep easily. Keep items on your nightstand that help you fall asleep, like a book. If you still find yourself suffering from occasional sleeplessness, ZzzQuil can help you fall asleep more easily and wake refreshed.
In addition to Pulos’ tips, Febreze and ZzzQuil teamed up with experts at the National Sleep Foundation for advice on how to get a good night’s sleep:
- Relax & Wind Down: Establish a relaxing bedtime routine, allowing time to wind down and avoiding activities that might excite you. A hot bath can relax you and cause a drop in body temperature that helps you feel drowsy.
- Keep it Cool: Turn down your thermostat to between 60 and 67 degrees Fahrenheit to keep your bedroom cool at night.
- If You Can’t Sleep: Get out of bed if you are not sleepy and do something relaxing for 20-30 minutes in dim light. When you are sleepy, go back to bed.
Join the #SleepSoundly Conversation
For more sleep tips join Febreze, ZzzQuil, Jenni Pulos and The National Sleep Foundation for a Twitter Party on Wednesday, March 4 at 8PM EST using the hashtag #SleepSoundly.
To learn more about Febreze Sleep Serenity Bedroom Mist and ZzzQuil, visit Febreze.com and ZzzQuil.com. For more products you’ll love, check out the Try it & Love it website (PGTryit.com). Consumers can learn more about the brands they trust, and take advantage of product ratings and reviews, videos, and receive great savings via coupons and samples.
About Procter & Gamble
P&G serves nearly five billion people around the world with its brands. The Company has one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ambi Pur®, Ariel®, Bounty®, Charmin®, Crest®, Dawn®, Downy®, Fairy®, Febreze®, Gain®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Lenor®, Olay®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, SK-II®, Tide®, Vicks®, Wella® and Whisper®. The P&G community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide. Please visit http://www.pg.com for the latest news and in-depth information about P&G and its brands.
Vicks® is one of the most recognized brands around the world. Available in more than 71 countries and on 5 continents, Vicks has helped relieve cough, cold, and flu symptoms for generations. In the U.S., the Vicks family includes, NyQuil™, the #1 Pharmacist recommended brand for adult nighttime cough/cold/flu relief*; NyQuil™ Severe; Children’s NyQuil™; DayQuil™ Cold/Flu, the #1 pharmacist recommended brand for adult daytime cough/cold/flu relief**; DayQuil™ Severe; DayQuil™ Cough; VapoRub™ Ointment, the #1 Pharmacist recommended brand for Topical Cough Suppressing Ointment***; BabyRub™; Sinex™ 12 Hour Spray; Sinex™ Ultra Fine Mist; Sinex™ 12 Hour Ultra Fine Mist Moisturizing; and Vicks® VapoDrops™. In August 2014 Vicks began marketing allergy and sinus symptom relief with the introduction of QlearQuil™ All Day & All Night 24 Hour Allergy Relief; QlearQuil™ Nighttime Allergy Relief; QlearQuil™ Daytime Sinus & Congestion; QlearQuil™ Nighttime Sinus & Congestion; and QlearQuil™ 12 Hour Nasal Decongestant Moisturizing Spray. Headquartered in Cincinnati, OH, Vicks is owned and distributed by Procter & Gamble.
In 1998, Procter & Gamble (P&G) gave households a breath of fresh air with the launch of Febreze®, known today as the preeminent brand for providing a fresh, clean scent and eliminating odors from fabrics and the air.
Febreze® boasts a line of products with freshness capabilities that range from ridding of pet odors and tackling sweat stink to decorating the home with scent and freshening on the go. Febreze® continues to be one of the fastest growing brands in P&G’s portfolio of household brands and bring innovative products to market. Fresh air is an essential and basic human right, and that the air we breathe can give us “fresh starts.”
Procter & Gamble brands ZzzQuil and Febreze consulted with the National Sleep Foundation in designing the survey instrument. The National Sleep Foundation was not responsible for the analysis or the interpretation of findings. The survey was conducted online within the United States from December 29-31, 2014 among 2,041 adults ages 18 and older (among which 280 who struggle to fall asleep more on Sunday compared to other days of the week) by Harris Poll. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated. For complete survey methodology, including weighting variables, please contact Jen Ribeiro, firstname.lastname@example.org.