–(HISPANIC PR WIRE)–June 13, 2002
Eighth Annual Conference on the Hispanic Family, themed “Celebrating the Hispanic Woman.” Among the sponsors are Christian Education and Research Institute, Baptist General Convention of Texas, Eula Mae and John Baugh Foundation in Houston and Buckner Baptist Benevolences in Dallas.
9 a.m. Friday, July 12, to 1 p.m. Saturday, July 13, at First Baptist Church, 225 Keller Parkway in Keller, north of Fort Worth.
An estimated 600 to 800 Hispanic women from across Texas who*:
· Are looking for a clearer sense of purpose in their lives.
· Are seeking a Biblical base to deal with issues of daily living,
· Work in church ministry or leadership positions of their church.
Thirty-five speakers and session leaders from around the country; free personal counseling and diabetes testing; information on successful job interviews, music by Eben-Ezer, and break-out sessions in both Spanish and English on topics such as:
· Teens in Crisis
· The Single Parent
· Issues of the Third Age – Widowhood and Caregiving
· Development of Christian Character and the Family
· Prevention of Child Abuse
Open to women of all denominations. Cost is $35 before July 8 and $45 after July 8. Send check or money order to CERI, P.O. Box 776, Keller, TX 76244. Call CERI, 817-431-2192, for information on discount rates for hotels. Conference is also open adolescent girls and boys over age 12.
Dr. Margarita C. Trevino, 817-431-2192, or Mrs. Bertha Diaz, 210-734-2088.
Dr. Margarita C. Trevino, 817-431-2192
Mrs. Bertha Diaz, 210-734-2088
For Baptist General Convention of Texas