NEW YORK, April 20, 2011 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ — The entire 2012 Honda Civic lineup is making its highly anticipated world debut today at the 2011 New York International Auto Show. The conventional gasoline-powered Civic Sedan and Civic Coupe, high-performance Civic Si Coupe, gasoline-electric Civic Hybrid, Civic Natural Gas and Civic HF, an all-new high fuel economy model are being shown publicly for the first time.
“The all-new Civic builds on the popularity of the previous generation with a complete technology makeover, higher level of refinement and style while improving its position as an excellent value,” said John Mendel, executive vice president of sales for American Honda Motor Co., Inc. “The Civic offers the most diverse model lineup in the industry to best meet the needs and preferences of individual customers.”
In addition to debuting at the New York International Auto Show, the Civic went on-sale today at Honda dealerships nationwide. The base model Civic DX Coupe manufacturer’s suggested retail price(1) (MSRP) starts at $15,605, which is unchanged from the outgoing model. This value-oriented pricing continues across the lineup with navigation-equipped models priced less than the previous-generation model.
For 2012, all existing Civic models achieve higher EPA fuel-economy ratings(2) compared to the 2011 models, up by as much as 8 percent on the highway in Civic Sedans and Coupes equipped with automatic transmissions.
The Civic Hybrid achieves an EPA-estimated fuel economy rating(2) of 44 mpg city, 44 mpg highway and 44 mpg city/highway combined, making it the most fuel-efficient sedan currently available in the U.S. The Civic Hybrid also introduces the latest generation of the Integrated Motor Assist (IMA®) system – now with a lithium-ion battery for the first time on a Honda hybrid vehicle. Additionally, an entirely new model, the Civic HF, debuts as a value-oriented, high fuel-economy sedan with an EPA estimated highway fuel economy rating(2) of 41 mpg, the highest for a conventional, gasoline-powered vehicle with an automatic transmission.
The 2012 Civic will be offered with several new technologies and features including a 5-inch LCD “intelligent” Multi-Information Display (i-MID), which provides access to multiple customizable features. Additionally, all new Civic models except the Civic Si, receive Eco Assist™ technology, an innovation that can enhance efficient vehicle operation while providing feedback to promote more-efficient individual driving styles.
Safety on the Civic remains a top priority and the new model features a wide variety of standard equipment including Honda’s exclusive Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure for enhanced frontal collision energy management and vehicle-to-vehicle frontal crash compatibility. Standard safety equipment includes VSA® that integrates with the new Motion Adaptive Electric Power Steering (EPS) system; dual-stage, multiple-threshold front airbags; front side airbags with occupant position detection system (OPDS); side curtain airbags; and a 4-channel anti-lock braking system (ABS) with Electronic Brake Distribution (EBD) and Brake Assist. The 2012 Civic is anticipated to score well in both the federal government’s New Car Assessment Program(3) (NCAP) and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety(4) (IIHS) vehicle evaluations.
Currently, more than 95 percent of all Civics sold in the U.S. are built(5) in North America at manufacturing facilities in either Greensburg, Indiana or Alliston, Ontario in Canada.
For high-resolution photos, broadcast quality video and media information of the entire 2012 Civic lineup, please visit www.hondanews.com.
Connect with Honda:
Honda Media Newsroom (for journalists): www.hondanews.com
Honda for consumers: www.automobiles.honda.com
Honda on YouTube: www.youtube.com/honda
Honda on Flickr: www.flickr.com/hondanews
Honda on Twitter: www.twitter.com/honda
Honda on Facebook: http://facebook.com/honda
Honda Civic on Facebook: http://facebook.com/hondacivic
1) MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $750.00 destination charge and options. Dealer prices may vary.
2) Based on 2012 EPA mileage estimates. Use for comparison purposes only. Do not compare to models before 2008. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.
3) Preliminary results determined by Honda. Final results were not available at the time of printing. Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. Vehicles tested under this program cannot be compared to Model Year 2010 and earlier vehicles. Ratings should only be compared to similar ratings on Model Year 2011 and later vehicles (if rated under the new program). For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov. Models tested with standard side airbag.
4) Government star ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) previous New Car Assessment Program (www.safercar.gov) ending with 2010 models. Models tested with optional side airbag.
5) Of domestic and globally sourced parts.
SOURCE American Honda Motor Co., Inc.