RACINE, Wis., May 4, 2011 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ — As summer rapidly approaches, all families experience additional responsibilities that come with summer schedules that wreak havoc on an established school year routine. SC Johnson, A Family Company, challenges you to seize the opportunity to turn those mundane summer chores and responsibilities into fun, family time.
“Tackling family responsibilities together always becomes more about
having fun, than it does about the actual chore,” said Kelly M. Semrau, Senior Vice President – Global Corporate Affairs and Sustainability at SC Johnson. “I can remember doing things my parents insisted on that we thought sounded painful at the time. Ultimately, those became some of my favorite childhood memories. It’s easy to take a simple task and make it memorable for everyone.”
Below are 10 ideas to get you started making family memories this summer:
- Grill Your Meals — Grilling is a great healthy way to prepare food in the summer. Plan in advance and marinate your fresh veggies in Ziploc® Brand freezer bags and freeze until you’re ready for them. Defrost and grill for a great tasting side dish.
- Mow the Lawn — The dreaded chore is actually great exercise. One hour of mowing can burn
nearly 500 calories! Challenge the rest of the family to exercise outdoors and burn calories until you are done.
- Clean the Garage — Make it a family affair as you clean and organize. Organize tools and toys in separate places by using Ziploc® Brand flexible totes to store and stack them neatly. Put all the balls and sports gear in one tote while the winter goods are tucked away at the back of the garage in their own tote.
- Help Protect Your Home from Bugs — Raid Max® Bug Barrier kills home invading pests inside and outside your home, keeping bugs at bay and where they belong – outdoors. Its auto trigger spray lets you lay down a line of protection along doorways, sliding patio doors, around decks, patios and windows helping to keep bugs away from your favorite areas.
- Drive Your Kids — Take
advantage of every opportunity to bond with your children. Use driving around town as a time to find out about their favorite summer activities and dream vacations.
- Help with Laundry – Summer is a messy, dirty time. Pre-treat stains after soccer games or a romp in the park with Shout® Advanced Gel to prevent stains from setting in and ruining that favorite summer t-shirt.
- Tackle Outdoor Home Repairs and Maintenance — An annual challenge is how to keep your home’s outdoor windows clean. With Windex™ Outdoor All-in-One Glass Cleaning Tool the job can be done in a flash by anyone.
- Take Care of the Yard — Engage the family to help with weeding the garden. Consider sectioning off the yard and offering rewards for the best maintained section.
- Take a Road Trip – Road trips are a
great memory-making experience. Set a destination and find interesting places to stop and visit along the way. Save money by packing snacks and small meals in a variety of Ziploc® Brand bags instead of buying them on the road. Be sure to keep Shout® Wipes on hand for any on-the-road spills too.
- Thank Mom for All She Does – Plan a quiet, romantic dinner on the patio to relax, bond and spend time together after a busy day on the go. Keep the mosquitoes at bay with your own personal OFF!® Clip On, which provides personal protection from mosquitoes.
About SC Johnson
SC Johnson is a family-owned and managed business dedicated to innovative, high-quality products, excellence in the workplace and a long-term commitment to the environment and the communities in which it operates. Based in the USA, the
company is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of household cleaning products and products for home storage, air care, and pest control. It markets such well-known brands as GLADE®, OFF!®, PLEDGE®, RAID®, SCRUBBING BUBBLES®, SHOUT®, WINDEX® and ZIPLOC® in the U.S. and beyond, with brands marketed outside the U.S. including AUTAN®, BAYGON®, BRISE®, KABIKILLER®, KLEAR®, and MR. MUSCLE®. The 125-year-old company, with more than $8 billion in sales, employs approximately 12,000 people globally and sells products in virtually every country around the world.
SOURCE SC Johnson