DALLAS, May 4 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ — A Who’s Who of the nation’s leading Hispanic brand marketers, non profit organizations and PR agencies will converge in Dallas next week as final preparations get underway for the historic 2010 Hispanic PR & Social Media Conference (http://www.hispanicprconference.com/conference_news/hispanic-pr-social-media-conference), May 10-12. Organizers also announced that Fleishman-Hillard has been named the event’s co-title sponsor and that Sensis is now the conference’s official digital agency sponsor.
“We are proud to have put together a conference that for the first time comprehensively covers Hispanic PR, social media and diversity,” said Manny Ruiz, conference organizer and co-publisher of the Hispanic PR Blog (http://www.hispanicprblog.com). “It’s going to be an amazing conference for any organization trying to put their hands around any or all of these three key subject areas.”
Co-presented by the Hispanic Public Relations Association (HPRA) (http://www.hpra-usa.org) and the Hispanic PR Blog (http://www.hispanicprblog.com) in partnership with the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) (http://www.prsa.org), the conference features more than 24 professional development opportunities with nearly 70 speakers, keynote presentations and panels focused on best practices in Hispanic public relations and social media. It costs just $475 to attend the 2 1/2-day conference.
Among other key conference highlights are:
– Keynote addresses by Rudy Rodriguez, Director of Multicultural Marketing for General Mills, Mike Fernandez, Vice President of Public Affairs for State Farm and Co-Chair of the Institute for Public Relations and William Whitman Jr., Vice President of Communications for McDonald’s USA.
– Twelve case study sessions focused on hot topic PR issues like corporate social responsibility, best practices in Hispanic PR measurement, the latest insights into Hispanic media relations and even one session on how to hire Hispanic celebrity spokespersons.
– Twelve sessions focused on Hispanic social media marketing including sessions featuring the top Latina and Latino bloggers, case studies from Zune and UnitedHealthcare, measurement best practices on Hispanic social media ROI and much more.
– Other presenting corporate and non-profit marketers include: Microsoft; UnitedHealthcare; the American Heart Association; Major League Soccer; Walmart; Southwest Airlines; Verizon Wireless; the US Army; Hispanic College Fund; Zune; the National Association of Hispanic Publications and many more.
– Substantial networking opportunities and top quality comedy entertainment at the conference’s main dinner with nationally renowned Latino comedian Rick Najera on Tuesday, May 11.
The most updated version of the conference schedule can be viewed at http://www.hispanicprconference.com/conference-agenda/schedule.
The conference association partners are the National Society of Hispanic MBAs (NSHMBA) and the Hispanic College Fund (HCF). In addition to Fleishman-Hillard and Sensis, other top sponsors include: The Zocalo Group (Word of Mouth Conference Sponsor); The Axis Agency (Diversity session sponsor); VPE Public Relations (breakfast sponsor); Sony Electronics (Technology Partner); Southwest Airlines (airline sponsor); McDonalds (breakfast sponsor); Ketchum (session sponsor); RL Public Relations (Hispanic PR Census sponsor); TeleNoticias (lanyard sponsor); the Jeffrey Group (lunch sponsor); the W.K. Kellogg Foundation; PR Newswire; Market Wire; General Motor; Comerica Bank; Cision; and the Dallas Conventions and Visitors Bureau. The conference’s lead media partner is Latino Leaders Magazine. Other media partners include Black PR Wire, LATINA Style Magazine and My Latino Voice.
For more information on the Hispanic PR & Social Marketing Conference, visit http://www.hispanicprconference.com or contact show director, Ray Bianchi, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 305-600-4878. You also may subscribe (http://www.twitter.com/HispanicPR) to conference-related “Tweets”; the Twitter hash-tag for the conference is #HPRConf.
About the Hispanic Public Relations Association (HPRA)
HPRA (http://www.hpra-usa.org) was founded in 1984 as a non-profit organization to establish a network of Hispanics employed in the public relations profession. HPRA has more than 250 members representing public relations, marketing and advertising professionals from agencies, government, non-profit and corporate companies. HPRA is dedicated to the advancement of Hispanic professionals and provides educational seminars and workshops throughout the year. The organization has awarded more than $220,000 in scholarships to Latino students pursuing a career in communications during the last 25 years. HPRA strives to be a resource for communications professionals and for those seeking insights into the Hispanic market.
About the Hispanic PR Blog
Founded by multicultural public relations veterans Manny Ruiz, former CEO of Hispanic PR Wire, and Angela Sustaita-Ruiz of Hispanic Media Trainers, LLC, the Hispanic PR Blog (http://www.hispanicprblog.com) is the Hispanic market industry’s top source for news and views focused on Hispanic public relations and social media marketing. The blog and its accompanying daily newsletter, Hispanicize, feature columns, stories, white papers, job postings, calendar events and more. Hispanic Media Trainers, LLC, is the parent company of the Hispanic Public Relations & Social Media Conference (http://www.hispanicprconference.com).
NOTE TO EDITORS: A high-resolution image is available at: http://www.hispanicprwire.com/home.php?l=in
SOURCE Hispanic Public Relations Association