NEW YORK, Nov. 15, 2011 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ — Ward off the winter blahs this year with bold colors, varied textures and timeless favorites. Old Navy Fashion Stylist Yanira Garza breaks down the top winter trends and shows you how to incorporate them into your wardrobe.
“The changing of seasons is always a great time to assess your personal style and find fun ways to be on trend,” said Garza. “Wintertime gives us an
opportunity to play with our wardrobe as we dress for special events or simply want to bundle up for the cold weather.”
- Laidback Glitz for Casual Glamour – Dress up a simple sweatshirt by layering it under a faux fur vest or a jeweled statement necklace. Or, pair a sequined top with relaxed jeans and a cardigan to add a little glam to everyday life.
- Key pieces: Old Navy Sequin Tank & Turnlock Crossbody Bag in Silver
- Love Those Emerald Hues – While jewel tones are making a big splash, emerald has taken the fashion world by storm. It’s a stunning and universally-flattering color that will be seen everywhere this Holiday season.
- Key piece: Women’s Cropped Wool-Blend Peacoat in Emerald
- Surprising Lace –
Lace by definition is delicate, but this season showcases it in a more rugged, approachable way. Make it pop as an accent piece with chunky layers or make it the focal point with simpler pairings.
- Key piece: Dolman Sleeve Lace Top
- See Spot Stay – Introduced for the fall season, the polka dot trend remains just as popular this winter. From all over pieces like dresses or skirts, to simpler accents like scarves and sweaters, this girlie classic is having its biggest revival yet!
- Key pieces: Polka Dot Scarf & Cardigan
- Mr. Ph.D – Guys get a flashback to their varsity days with must-have statement letterman jackets and signature university favorites. The preppy-layered look is very popular this winter for men, with outerwear
as no exception.
- Key piece: Wool Letterman Jacket
- Patterns – Mixing patterns is huge for holidays. While plaid is still hot, the pairing of stripes and other patterned items makes layering fun for men this winter. Try pairing bolder colors together to take this trend to the next level.
- Key piece: Plaid Flannel Shirt in Blue/Orange over an Orange Lightweight Sueded Jersey Tee
To see all of these new styles as well as the entire winter line visit, oldnavypresskit.com. Visit www.oldnavy.com to locate a store near you.
About Old Navy
Old Navy originated in 1994 and quickly became one of the world’s most successful brands, offering customers the latest fashion at great prices. Today, the brand continues to offer on-trend apparel and irresistible basics for
adults and children at a surprising value. And, best of all, Old Navy brings it all to customers in a fun, energizing shopping environment. To learn more, visit www.oldnavy.com.
SOURCE Old Navy