MIAMI, Dec. 12, 2018 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ — For the second consecutive year, Telemundo, the preferred and leading media company serving Hispanics, is on track to end the broadcast year as the number one Spanish-language network in weekday primetime among adults 18-49 (681,000), according to Nielsen. In 2018, Telemundo continues to rank among the top five broadcast networks with NBC, ABC, CBS, and FOX, and outperform major English-language cable networks including TBS, TNT and MTV, including many others, among adults 18-49 in weekday prime. The network also had the highest composition of adults 18-34 out of total viewers, and lowest median age among all broadcast networks. Fueled by the success of its weekday prime-time line-up, Telemundo delivered in 2018 the highest share in its history, marking its sixth consecutive year of share growth among adults 18-49.
“Building on two consecutive seasons as the leading Hispanic network, we have solidified our position as the voice and choice of Latinos across all platforms,” said Cesar Conde, Chairman NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises and NBCUniversal International Group. “We are committed to invest in ground-breaking and innovative premium original content, as well as robust news coverage and world-class sporting events, specifically designed for the preferences and media consumption habits of Latinos living here in the U.S.”
Telemundo extended its lead across digital platforms consistently ranking as one of the top five TV networks on Instagram, according to Shareablee, regardless of language. Telemundo has over 115 million fans and followers across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube, up 21% year-over-year. Telemundo’s YouTube channels generated 4.9 billion global video views, up 54% year-over-year, including 691 Million U.S. views, up 58% year over year. Telemundo ranks as the #1 Hispanic TV Network on YouTube based on total subscribers and global views. The Telemundo Más app generated 105 million video views in 2018-to-date. In addition, for the eighth consecutive year, Telemundo has ranked as the #1 Hispanic VOD network and #1 in transactions for every month of 2018-to-date, according to comScore.
Highlights for the year-to-date include:
- Telemundo’s “Exatlon” was the #1 weekday reality competition series on Spanish TV averaging 541,000 adults 18-49, out-delivering UniMas’s Reto 4 Elemento’s first season by +93% and second season by +194% to date.
- Telemundo dominated Spanish-language TV weekdays at 10pm among A18-49 for the fourth consecutive year and for the second straight year out-performed the combined delivery of Unimas and Univision with a 51% share Monday-Friday at 10pm among adults 18-49.
- The sixth season of Telemundo’s record-breaking, innovative Super Series™ “El Senor de los Cielos” ranked as the #1 regularly scheduled Spanish language prime time series of the year, averaging 1.1 million adults 18-49.
- The third season of Telemundo’s hit primetime series “Sin Senos Sí Hay Paraíso” averaged 859,000 adults 18-49 and was the highest rated regularly scheduled Spanish-language series weekdays at 9pm.
- “Titulares y Más” (TYM,) Telemundo Deportes’ nightly sports and entertainment show, ranked as the # 1 regularly scheduled sports news and commentary show in Spanish-language television among adults 18-49 (230,000) and total viewers (451,000)
- “Boxeo Telemundo Ford,” year-to-date, is the #1 Spanish-language boxing program in the U.S averaging 371,000 total viewers and 164,000 adults 18-49. And among Hispanic viewers, Boxeo Telemundo is the #1 boxing program regardless of language across the broadcast and cable landscape.
- Telemundo’s broadcast of the second leg of Copa Libertadores Final “River Plate vs Boca Juniors,” ranked as the highest rated Copa Libertadores Final in Spanish language television since 2015, averaging 631,000 total viewers and 335,000 adults 18-49, and out delivering FOX Deportes telecast of the same game by +22% and +7%, respectively.
- During 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™, Telemundo reached nearly 37 million viewers and set network viewership record for all seven days of the week. The network ranked #1 among all Spanish-language TV networks in total day viewership 14 consecutive days among adults 18-49. Telemundo Deportes’ digital presentation delivered biggest livestream sports event in Spanish-language history, generating a record-setting 130 million livestreams and nearly 2 billion live minutes viewed.
Key non-prime Telemundo properties are posting strong results in the last quarter of the year as they continue to close the gap with Univision:
- “Telemundo Noticias” is on track to finish fourth quarter of 2018 as the only nightly broadcast news program, regardless of language, with year over year growth among adults 18-49.
- Telemundo Daytime is up 21% season-to-date among adults 18-49 weekday 7am-4pm.
- “Un Nuevo Dia“ is on track to finish fourth quarter of 2018 as the only broadcast morning program regardless of language to show growth year over year among adults 18-49.
- “Noticias Medio Dia” is up +25% season to date versus last year’s performance in the Monday – Friday 12:30-1pm time slot.
- The network’s daily entertainment show “Suelta la Sopa” is ending the year up +21% season over season, while Univision is down -14% in the weekday 3-4pm time slot.
Source: Nielsen NPM; 1/1/18-12/9/18; Most Current (Live+7 from 1/1/18-11/25/18; Live+SD through 12/9/18); A18-49 Proj (000); strict dayparts used for M-F 8-11pm and M-F 10-11pm. Share calculation based on TEL A18-49 projections divided by the sum of TEL+UNI+UMA projections. Prime program rankings based on 4+ telecasts of regularly scheduled shows. TyM rank based on regularly scheduled programs (6+ telecasts) with Nielsen type code Sports News and Sports Commentary. Boxeo rank among all networks airing boxing based on Nielsen Detailed Type Code = Boxing (excluding repeats). 4th Quarter based on Most Current (Live+7 from 9/24/18-11/25/18; Live+SD through 12/9/18) vs. 9/25/17-12/10/17; A18-49 Proj (000). Digital: January – November 2017 vs. 2018 comScore On Demand Essentials, Adobe Analytics, US only, YouTube Analytics, Global Audience, Shareablee, Global Audience.
About NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises
NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a world-class media company leading the industry in the production and distribution of high-quality, Spanish-language content to U.S. Hispanics and audiences around the world. This fast-growing multiplatform portfolio is comprised of the Telemundo Network and Station Group, Telemundo Deportes, Telemundo Global Studios, Universo, and a Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit. Telemundo Network features original Spanish-language entertainment, news and sports content reaching 94% of U.S. Hispanic TV households in 210 markets through 28 local stations, 51 affiliates and its national feed. Telemundo also owns WKAQ, a television station that serves viewers in Puerto Rico. Telemundo Deportes is the designated Spanish-language home of two of the world’s most popular sporting events: FIFA World Cup™ through 2026 and the Summer Olympic Games through 2032. Telemundo Global Studios is the company’s domestic and international scripted production unit including Telemundo Studios, Telemundo International Studios, Telemundo International, as well as all of the company’s co-production partnerships. As the #1 media company reaching Hispanics and millennials online, the Digital Enterprises & Emerging Business unit distributes original content across multiple platforms, maximizing its exclusive partnerships with properties such as BuzzFeed, Vox and Snapchat. Through Telemundo Internacional, the largest U.S.-based distributor of Spanish-language content in the world and Universo, the fastest growing Hispanic entertainment cable network, the company reflects the diverse lifestyle, cultural experience and language of its expanding audience. NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises is a division of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
SOURCE NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises