BASKING RIDGE, N.J. and BELLEVUE, Wash., Oct. 1 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ — Verizon Wireless and HTC today introduce the HTC Imagio(TM), a stylish multimedia smartphone that combines an intuitive user interface with global roaming capabilities for data access in more than 185 destinations. Verizon Wireless’ first smartphone to support V CAST Mobile TV, the Imagio brings news, sports and entertainment from popular broadcast channels to life on its extra-large 3.6″ color display. The HTC Imagio’s mobile productivity is made possible by Windows Mobile(R) 6.5. It is a Windows(R) phone that is engineered to keep customers connected to both entertainment and work.
(Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20091001/NY84031 )
– Global roaming capabilities with data access in more than 185 destinations (Quad-band GSM 850/900/1800/1900 + 2100 HSPA)
– High-speed connectivity in the United States over Verizon Wireless’ Mobile Broadband network (CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A 800/1900 MHz)
– Support for Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g)
– Large 3.6″ LCD touch-sensitive screen with 480 x 800 WVGA resolution
– 3.5-mm audio jack and five quick launch buttons, including one-touch access to multimedia capabilities
– On-screen QWERTY keyboard for fast and easy typing
– 1500 mAh battery delivers extended operating time
– Support for Verizon Wireless’ V CAST Mobile TV and V CAST Video on Demand services, while the Imagio’s V CAST Mobile TV antenna doubles as a convenient kickstand for easy, hands-free viewing
– Support for Verizon Wireless’ V CAST Music with Rhapsody service gives customers access to millions of songs to download over the air; get the master copy of the songs on their PCs; and sync their favorite tracks, albums and playlists from their PCs to their phones using a separately-sold USB cable
– Complete Windows Mobile(R) 6.5 Professional support with Microsoft(R) Office Mobile and Microsoft Office(R) Outlook(R) Mobile
– Fully-customizable home screen with ability to add applications of interest
– Integrated communications and seamless access to social networks
– Intuitive HTC TouchFLO(TM) 3D interface to allow for easy navigation between menus
– 5.0 megapixel camera with auto focus to capture memories with friends and family
Price and availability:
– The HTC Imagio will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com beginning Oct. 6 and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores beginning Oct. 20 for $199.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the mail-in rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
– Monthly access package for V CAST Mobile TV is $15 per month.
V CAST Mobile TV
As Verizon Wireless’ first smartphone to support V CAST Mobile TV, HTC Imagio customers can enjoy the best of broadcast and cable television programming — including live shows and other mobile television content – 24 hours a day from many of the best-known entertainment brands including Bravo, CBS, CBS College Sports, CBS News, CNBC, Comedy Central, ESPN, ESPNEWS, ESPN Radio, FOX, FOX News, FOX Sports, MSNBC, MTV, MTV Tr3s, NBC, NBC Sports, NBC News, and Nickelodeon. The live mobile TV service is provided by FLO TV Incorporated. For the latest information on V CAST Mobile TV from Verizon Wireless, including programs, handsets, pricing and availability, visit the V CAST Mobile TV Web site at www.verizonwireless.com/mobiletv.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving 87.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 87,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
HTC Corporation (HTC) is one of the fastest growing companies in the mobile phone industry and continues to pioneer industry-leading mobile experiences through design, usability and innovation that are sparked by how the mobile phone can improve how people live and communicate. The company is listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange under ticker 2498. For more information about HTC, please visit www.htc.com.
SOURCE Verizon Wireless