RESTON, Va.–(HISPANIC PR WIRE)–Oct. 14, 2003–Nextel Communications Inc. (NASDAQ:NXTL), a leading provider of wireless communications services on the largest all-digital wireless network in the country, today announced the launch of the second annual Nextel Wireless Winners Contest. Nextel created the Wireless Winners Contest to acknowledge customers who rely on Nextel’s instant communication technology to get things done.
The contest, which runs through Dec. 31, 2003, will give Nextel customers the opportunity to win up to $1,000 in cash and prizes by submitting a brief description about how Nextel’s products and wireless services have positively impacted their business and/or personal lives.
“It is always great to hear from our customers about how they are using Nextel’s wireless services to help them get things done, whether it is in their business or personal life,” said Tom Kelly, executive vice president and chief operating officer of Nextel Communications. “We were delighted with the response we received last year and we can’t wait to hear the new success stories.”
Nextel will be awarding prizes to first, second and third place winners in each of the following six categories:
1. Business Wireless Winner–Example of how a customer has used Nextel Digital Cellular, Nextel Direct Connect(R), Nationwide Direct Connect(TM) or any Nextel Wireless Web service to help them run a business more efficiently, land a big deal, solve a business problem or improve the bottom line.
2. Wireless Data Winner–Example of how a customer has used Nextel’s Wireless Web and data services to facilitate work or personal life.
3. Personal Wireless Winner–Example of how Nextel’s wireless service has enhanced a customer’s personal life.
4. Worldwide Wireless Winner–Example of how using Nextel Worldwide Service has kept a customer in touch and productive when traveling abroad.
5. Good Samaritan Wireless Winner–Example of how a Nextel service helped a customer save a life, assist someone in need, report a fire, summon emergency aid or even stop a crime in progress.
6. Public Safety/Emergency Services Wireless Winner–Example of how a police officer, firefighter or emergency services worker used a Nextel service to perform their job or while in the line of duty to protect the public.
Nextel customers may enter the Wireless Winners Contest by submitting their essay, 250 words or less, at http://www.nextel.com/mynextel/contest.
First place winners will receive a $500 credit on their Nextel bill and $500 in American Express Gift Cheques. Second place winners will receive a $250 credit on their Nextel bill and $250 in American Express Gift Cheques. Third place winners will receive a $125 credit on their Nextel bill and $125 in American Express Gift Cheques.
Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (EST) on Dec. 31, 2003, to qualify for prizes. Award winners will be announced by March 31, 2004. For more information on the contest, eligibility and rules, visit http://www.nextel.com/mynextel/contest.
Nextel Communications, a Fortune 300 company based in Reston, Va., is a leading provider of fully integrated wireless communications services and has built the largest guaranteed all-digital wireless network in the country covering thousands of communities across the United States. Nextel and Nextel Partners, Inc., currently serve 293 of the top 300 U.S. markets. Through recent market launches, Nextel and Nextel Partners service is available today in areas of the U.S. where approximately 242 million people live or work.
Editor’s Note: An electronic copy of the contest logo is available upon request.
Media: Adam Parnes (703) 433-8651
Investors: Paul Blalock (703) 433-4300