WASHINGTON, Dec. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ — GED Testing Service announced today that registration and new cutting-edge resources to help prepare for the 2014 GED test are now available with the launch of the organization’s new MyGED website. MyGED –which can be found online at GED.com – is a free site that will help adults register for, take and be better prepared for the GED test. Beyond the basics of testing, it will help students identify career pathways, and more easily navigate to jobs and into college training programs required for most of today’s job openings.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120322/PH74825LOGO )
The new GED program, which will launch on January 2, 2014, was overhauled to better prepare adults without a high school diploma for higher education and the workforce. The comprehensive, start-to-finish 2014 program uses technology to help students prepare for, pass, and progress beyond the GED test to find better jobs with better wages. The 2014 GED test is the only high school equivalency program fully aligned to state college and career readiness standards (http://www.gedtestingservice.com/uploads/files/b596b49ca1d3ae00265bcd77a53b399b.pdf ).
Some of the new features students can use on the new GED.com website include:
• A one-stop resource for registration, preparation, and more.
• Tools to develop personalized study plans and find study materials or in-person classes.
• A skills assessment to help test-takers match skills with possible careers, and focus on career plans to get to better jobs with better wages.
• Access to information and resources to help test-takers apply for college or training programs and fill out financial aid forms.
• An official practice test that shows test-takers their strengths and where they need to improve, including specific pages to study in their training materials at home and online.
For more information about the MyGED website, visit http://www.GED.com.
Download the fact sheet (http://www.gedtestingservice.com/uploads/files/5072dad32a4de1bf643880afba1a0ec4.pdf ) for more information about the 2014 GED program.
About GED Testing Service
The GED test has opened doors to better jobs and college programs for more than 18 million graduates since 1942. Last year nearly 800,000 adults sat for the GED test, which is accepted by virtually all U.S. colleges and employers. As the creator of the one official GED test, GED Testing Service has a responsibility to ensure that the program continues to be a reliable and valuable pathway to a better life for the millions of adults without a high school diploma.
GED® and GED Testing Service® are registered trademarks of the American Council on Education (“ACE”). They may not be used or reproduced without the express written permission of ACE or GED Testing Service. The GED® and GED Testing Service® brands are administered by GED Testing Service LLC under license from the American Council on Education.
SOURCE GED Testing Service