New York, NY–(HISPANIC PR WIRE)–November 15, 2007–Everyone knows that Thanksgiving is one of the top holiday feasts – that special time to relax and give thanks with friends and family. And with a big feast comes lots of leftovers. Here are a few very simple recipes that go beyond the usual fare, and turn holiday leftovers into dishes worth giving thanks for, courtesy of Hass Avocados from Mexico.
THANKSGIVING IN A SANDWICH
1 Hass Avocado from Mexico, sliced
3 slices of turkey breast
1 slice of grueyere cheese
3 Tablespoons cranberry relish
2 slices of multi-grain bread
1. Put turkey on a bread slice and place cheese on top of meat.
2. Place both slices of bread into the toaster oven, the one plain slice and the one with the meat and cheese.
3. Once cheese is melted and bread slightly toasted take out, spread relish on bread and put Hass Avocado for Mexico slices on top of cheese.
4. Combine the slices to make sandwich.
MEXICAN CORN CHOWDER WITH HASS AVOCADOS FROM MEXICO
¼ cup butter
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
3 ½ cups fresh corn kernels
1 cup chicken broth
2 cups milk
2 teaspoons chopped green chile peppers
Shredded leftover turkey
1 Hass Avocado from Mexico, diced
1. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
2. Cook celery, onion and carrot in butter until onion begins to soften.
3. Stir in garlic, oregano, salt and pepper and cook 2 minutes more.
4. Stir in corn, chicken broth, and chile pepper and let simmer until heated through.
5. Stir in milk and heat gently just before serving. Blend (optional). Garnish with shredded turkey and diced Hass Avocado from Mexico.
Recipes courtesy of Hass Avocadoes from Mexico (MHAIA)
For more delicious recipes visit http://www.mexhassrecipes.com
NOTE TO EDITORS: A high-resolution image is available at: http://www.hispanicprwire.com/home.php?l=in