MIAMI, Aug. 23, 2017 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ — The PVBLIC Foundation, in partnership with the Ismael Cala Foundation, UNCTAD and Univision, will be hosting the Latino Impact Summit,one of the few events in Spanish held at the United Nations headquarters, for the second consecutive year.
The summit will bring together Latin American leaders from different sectors in search of new opportunities and solutions for the region. It will be held in New York from November 30 to December 1, 2017 and the main theme will be generating new alliances for Latin America’s progress, as framed by the Sustainable Development Goals.
Some of the region’s leaders participating as panelists include:
- Dr. Margarita Cedeño, Vice President of the Dominican Republic
- Carlos Briceño, Vice President of Banco LAFISE
- Mario López, President of the Tigo Foundation, Vice President of Tigo Guatemala
- Melba Segura de Grullón, President of the Sur Futuro Foundation
- Eva Hughes, representative for Condé Nast México y Latinoamérica (Vogue)
- Raúl de Molina, host of the program El Gordo y la Flaca
- Celia Daniel de Mizrahi, President of the Board of the Instituto Nacional de Pediatría
- Rogelio Sánchez, Executive Director for Central America, VISA INC
- María Josefina Zamora, President of the Zamora Foundation
- Marcos Galperin, founder and CEO of Mercado Libre
- Bettina Bulgheroni, Argentine businesswoman and social media commentator
For the PVBLIC Foundation, it is very important to work hand-in-hand with UN initiatives in the search for a better world. For this reason, the summit’s focus will be on finding new alternatives for the region’s growth by means of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
Latin America is one of the regions with the highest poverty and inequality rates. Between 2002 and 2015, the wealth of Latin America’s multimillionaires grew an average of 21% yearly – an increase six times greater than that of the region’s GDP, according to estimates from ECLAC (The Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean).
This year’s goal is to bring together 300 leaders, among them young Latinos from the Millennial Generation, as well as Latino economic leaders from both inside and outside the United States. Univision’s main hosts will serve as moderators for some of the talks, together with writer, speaker and presenter Ismael Cala, as well as scholars from INCAE University.
The event will culminate with the presentation of six awards recognizing the work of Latin American leaders who have supported and encouraged the Latino community to keep working to promote regional growth.
For more information:
PVBLIC is a pioneering non-profit organization that leverages the media’s power in order to drive social change. Adding media across all platforms, PVBLIC works strategically to link their space with the main non-profits at the local, national and international level.
ABOUT THE ISMAEL CALA FOUNDATION
The Ismael Cala Foundation is a non-profit organization, headed by Ismael Cala, that seeks to impact Latin American and Caribbean communities through training young people in leadership and entrepreneurship, strengthening the social development organizations that work with children and adolescents with cognitive disabilities, and connecting young people with our allies to promote their education and training through scholarships.
SOURCE Cala Enterprises