SAN RAFAEL, Calif., Feb. 2, 2012 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ — Alcohol Justice (formerly Marin Institute), is holding the Free The Bowl® (from Beer Ads) World Premiereto announce the winners of their fourth annual nationwide counter-beer ad video contest. The event will take place tonight at the Smith Rafael Film Center in San Rafael, California. The Awards presentation for this year’s best youth-produced ads begins at 4:00 p.m. (PST), and will be streamed live at FreeTheBowl.com. A reception follows at 5 pm. This year’s contest received 22 entries from 15 different states.
Awards presentation, live entertainment, screening and streaming of the Free The Bowl® 2012 winning counter-beer ads.
Thursday, February 2, 2012, 4-6 p.m. (PST)
Smith Rafael Film Center, 1118 Fourth St. San Rafael, CA 94901
Streaming live @ freethebowl.com
* Assemblywoman Fiona Ma (MC)
* Cathy Summa-Wolfe – President, Alcohol Justice Board of Directors (MC)
* Mark Leno – California State Senator
* John Morrison – Director of Education, California Film Institute
* Bruce Livingston – Executive Director, Alcohol Justice (MC)
* Marc Levine – San Rafael City Councilmember
* Michael Scippa – Director of the Free The Bowl® Contest
* The First Prize Winner
To honor young activist filmmakers from across the country for producing videos that counter exploitative alcohol ads on TV sports events
* The more alcohol ads kids see, the more likely they are to drink, drink to excess and drink more often
* Estimates indicate as many as 30 million underage youth view more ads for beer than for any other product during the Super Bowl
* Research has shown that sports related alcohol advertising, sponsorship, branding, promotions, and sales practices all fuel over-consumption that leads directly to tens of thousands of annual incidents of alcohol-related violence and harm.
For more info, interviews with Alcohol Justice staff and contest winners, please contact Michael Scippa – (415) 548-0492
SOURCE Alcohol Justice