BENTONVILLE, Ark., Dec. 9 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ — Walmart (NYSE: WMT) is helping moms spread Christmas cheer throughout the house announcing another round of significant price reductions on high-definition home electronics and holiday meal favorites. Starting this Saturday, Dec. 12, Walmart will roll back the price on a number of specific home entertainment items while simultaneously helping American families enjoy added savings on a traditional Christmas meal.
Recent research shows that families are enjoying watching TV together this holiday season – from new TV shows to holiday-themed movies and sports. To make these family moments even better, 80 percent of moms say they would set up or upgrade their home entertainment system if the price was right.(1)
Hi-Def for the Holidays: Starting Saturday at 8 a.m., Walmart stores will introduce a special week of savings emphasizing hi-definition products at new values, through Dec. 18.(2)
— 32″ Vizio 1080p LCD TV – only $398 (also available at Walmart.com)
— Magnavox Blu-ray Disc Player – $78 (Same as Day-After-Thanksgiving offer)
— $19.96 Blu-ray movies, with titles including Star Trek, Public Enemies, GI Joe, Transformers Revenge of the Fallen, Wolverine (See www.walmart.com/holidaysavings for a full list; prices are available through the entire month of December and also available on Walmart.com)
— Sony 46″ 1080p 120Hz HDTV and PS3 bundle – only $958 (more than a $500 savings)
In addition, this weekend Walmart will introduce more electronics values starting Sunday, Dec. 13 through Saturday, Dec. 19, adding new offers for laptop seekers and gamers, including:
— $299 Toshiba Laptop (3 GB Memory and 250 GB Hard Drive with Windows 7) (3)
— Xbox Elite with $50 Walmart Gift Card with purchase
A Christmas Dinner for Eight, Less than $30: According to a survey conducted by MomCentral.com on behalf of Walmart, 71% of moms surveyed expect to pay $10 to $20 per person for the big holiday meal.(4) This year, Walmart is offering a Christmas feast for eight for less than $4 per person, including a select hickory smoked, spiral cut half ham, potatoes, and pumpkin pie.(5) The holiday meal includes:
— One 10-pound select hickory smoked, spiral cut half ham
— Three 8-ounce cans Del Monte green beans
— One 10-pound bag of Russet potatoes
— One 12-count package of Sara Lee dinner rolls
— One 10-inch pumpkin pie
Customers can find more information about recent Walmart price reductions and holiday savings at www.walmart.com/holidaysavings, including special recipes by celebrity chefs.
Walmart’s ad match program promises to match the price of any local competitor’s printed ad for an identical product, ensuring our customers get unbeatable prices through the holidays.(6)
(1) Research conducted by BIGresearch for Walmart, November 2009.
(2) Prices on electronics items unless otherwise noted start Dec. 12 to Dec. 18. Quantities of all items are limited. No rain checks. Offer not valid in Puerto Rico or on Walmart.com. Prices and availability may vary in Hawaii, Oklahoma and Wisconsin. We may limit the number of items purchased per customer. Void where prohibited.
(3) Prices and availability may vary in Hawaii, Oklahoma, and Wisconsin due to state restrictions and at Walmart.com. Quantities are limited. No rain checks.
(4) On behalf of Walmart, 1,767 moms nationwide were surveyed in November 2009 through MomCentral.com, a national network of mom influencers, mom bloggers, and grassroots community organizers.
(5) Calculation is based on manufacturer’s suggested serving sizes.
(6) Our stores will match the price of any local competitor’s printed ad for an identical product. Not applicable to Walmart.com. Restrictions apply. See store for details.
Every week, millions of customers visit Walmart stores, Neighborhood Markets, and Sam’s Club locations across America or log on to its online store at www.walmart.com. The company and its Foundation are committed to a philosophy of giving back locally. Walmart is proud to support the causes that are important to customers and associates right in their own neighborhoods, and last year gave more than $378 million to local communities in the United States. More information about Walmart can be found by visiting www.walmartstores.com.