HAMILTON, Bermuda, Sept.12, 2017 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ — Tequila CAZADORES®, a 100% blue agave premium tequila, today announced the launch of Bodega Bites, a Taco Tuesday event series hosted by renowned chef and television personality Aarón Sánchez. In a world that seeks fast trends and Instagram-worthy culinary concepts, Bodega Bites instead shines a light on local bodega and mercado owners across the U.S. who are known for their timeless taco recipes filled with years of tradition and true craftsmanship. The event series will hit Los Angeles, Austin and New York, where Tequila CAZADORES and Chef Sánchez will host a mix of happy hours and late night deliveries featuring the local bodega or mercado’s most popular tacos, as well as exclusive recipes from Sánchez inspired by his trip to Arandas, Mexico – Tequila CAZADORES’ birthplace.
“The U.S. has embraced the taco for many years now, creating delicious variations and inspirations of this classic Mexican dish,” said Manny Hinojosa, Brand Ambassador for Tequila CAZADORES. “However, in light of Hispanic Heritage Month, we want to take it back to the basics, and are thrilled to partner with critically-acclaimed Mexican-American Chef Aarón Sánchez to honor the local bodega and mercado owners who not only reflect Tequila CAZADORES’ values of taking pride in your craft, but are truly making some of the most authentic Mexican tacos we’ve seen.”
Bodega Bites will pop up in three major cities across the U.S., where Tequila CAZADORES will not only host a Taco Tuesday happy hour with Chef Sánchez, but the brand will hit the streets late night with custom-designed Priority Bicycles featuring full-functioning grills that will deliver Sánchez’s exclusive tacos to hungry patrons in popular nightlife areas.
- Los Angeles (September 12, 2017): Kicking off in the U.S. city that believes itself to be unrivaled when it comes to tacos, Bodega Bites will host its first Taco Tuesday event where Vallarta Supermarkets, home of the original carne asada, will be serving up their al pastor taco and their carefully marinated carne asada taco, both topped with salsa roja, onion, and other fresh ingredients.
- Austin (September 19, 2017): The series will flip over to Austin next, a place renowned for its breakfast tacos, and will play host to El Rancho Supermercado, whose barbacoa taco will be available for guests to enjoy, featuring fresh corn tortillas, pico de gallo, and salsa.
- New York City (October 10, 2017): Bodega Bites will finish off its U.S. tour in New York City, where renowned bodega Zaragoza will be dishing out its oven roasted carnitas taco, marinated in their homestyle recipe using pig shoulder, and their exceptional beef tongue taco, boiled and served with fresh onion, cilantro and lettuce.
In addition to the local bodega and mercado tacos being spotlighted at each of these Taco Tuesday events, Chef Sánchez will also be honoring his heritage, and serving up exclusive tacos created for Tequila CAZADORES inspired by his trip to the premium tequila’s distillery and birthplace: Arandas, Mexico. Each taco recipe highlights a specific ingredient that can traditionally be found at bodegas/mercados:
- Achiote Chicken Tacos with Pineapple-Cilantro Salsa
- Chimichurri-Marinated Steak Tacos
- Chorizo and Potato Tacos
- Sofrito Shrimp Tacos
- Fried Plantain Tacos with Creamy Black Beans and Heirloom Pico de Gallo
“I wanted to bring to life the stories and inspiration from my trip to Arandas with these tacos; taking authentic Mexican products from the bodegas and mercados and adding fresh, local ingredients to create delicious tacos that pair perfectly with Cazadores,” said Chef Aarón Sánchez I’m proud of my Mexican heritage and excited to work alongside Tequila Cazadores to celebrate our culture.”
As always, however, there’s no tacos without a little tequila. Guests will enjoy a variety of signature Tequila CAZADORES cocktails, including The Good, the Bad and the Ugly with Tequila CAZADORES Blanco, mezcal blanco, Aperol and pureed red roasted bell pepper; The Cazadores Sangrita, a mix of orange, lime and tomato juice spiked with hot sauce, paired with a shot of Tequila CAZADORES Reposado; and Mexican Chardonnay, which is quite simply Tequila CAZADORES Blanco served neat in a wine glass.
About Tequila CAZADORES®
Tequila CAZADORES® is one of the most popular premium tequilas in Mexico and the United States. Tequila CAZADORES® is made with 100% blue agave grown, harvested and distilled in the Highlands of Jalisco, Mexico, recognized as the premier agave growing region in the world, resulting in a smoother, more flavorful taste. The Tequila CAZADORES® brand is part of the portfolio of Bacardi Limited, headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda. Bacardi Limited refers to the Bacardi group of companies, including Bacardi International Limited. www.CAZADORES.com
©2017. CAZADORES®, ITS TRADE DRINK AND DEER LOGO ARE TRADEMARKS.
IMPORTED BY TEQUILA CAZADORES® I.S.A., SEAL BEACH, CA.
TEQUILA – 40% ALC. BY VOL.
ABOUT AARÓN SÁNCHEZ
Aarón Sánchez is an award-winning chef, TV personality, cookbook author and philanthropist. He is the chef/owner of Mexican restaurant Johnny Sánchez, with locations in New Orleans and Baltimore, and a judge on FOX’s hit culinary competition series MASTERCHEF. He co-starred on Food Network’s “Chopped” and “Chopped Junior,” and is the author of two cookbooks. An active philanthropist, Sánchez launched the Aarón Sánchez Scholarship Fund, an initiative empowering aspiring chefs from the Latin community to follow their dreams and attend culinary school.
SOURCE Tequila CAZADORES