FOUNTAIN VALLEY, California, Sept. 30, 2015 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ — Leveraging its long-standing relationship with Hyundai Motor America, ARK Performance has released details on its race-inspired Solus Genesis Coupe, blending performance and luxury to take on vehicles like the BMW M4 and Lexus RC F. The vehicle will be revealed at Hyundai’s SEMA press conference on November 3 at 11:30 a.m. PT.
For the tuner’s seventh consecutive vehicle built for SEMA, ARK added performance and luxury in tandem, creating a premium coupe that can go toe-to-toe with top rivals from around the world. Building on the success of last year’s AR550 Genesis Sedan, the vehicle’s design focuses on creating a wider visual look to give a more powerful stance using ARK’s own “Solus” wide body kit. The interior also has been given a complete makeover with a redesigned dashboard, race-bred steering wheel and gauges, with ample carbon fiber.
The Solus Genesis Coupe is sponsored by Quaker State and Hyundai Assurance Car Care Express, with more than 300 service centers nationally. Car Care Express provides customers with quick oil changes, tire rotation and other basic services in less than an hour. Hyundai also recommends Quaker State for its dealer network and, it is the factory fill motor oil for Hyundai vehicles as they roll off the assembly line.
“The Genesis Coupe is the perfect platform for developing our performance product lineup,” said Kevin Bentley, Marketing and Sales Manager, ARK Performance, Inc. “Hyundai’s 3.8-liter engine is strong enough to handle all the extra power we’re now developing, and the chassis is well balanced and easy to modify, allowing us to create this lowered, aggressive stance while maintaining that clean look we’re going for.”
Hyundai’s 3.8-liter “Lambda” V6 engine is stroked to 4.0 liters for a powerful start to the build. With the addition of a Rotrex supercharger and strengthened engine internals, the vehicle now develops more than 500 horsepower, sending that power to the rear wheels – now sporting sticky, Nitto rubber – through a 6-speed manual transmission. The addition of an ARK Legato trunk spoiler and APR Performance carbon fiber front splitter round out the vehicle’s aggressive, race-bred appearance.
Follow #HyundaiSEMA to keep up to speed on all of this year’s SEMA activity.
- Brian Crower 4.0L Stroker Kit (Built by ARK Performance)
- JE Pistons
- Brian Crower Rods
- Brian Crower Crank
- Custom Rotrex Supercharger System (Built by ARK Performance)
- AEM Water/Methanol Injection Kit
- VP Racing M1 Methanol
- Cometic MLS Head Gaskets
- PRE Custom ARP Head Studs
- ARK Performance Coated Headers
- ARK Performance Downpipes with Test Pipes
- ARK Performance Thermal Coated GRiP Catback Exhaust System with Burnt Tips
- Synapse Engineering Radial Blow Off Valve
- Lap3 Korea Custom ECU Tuning
- ARK Forged Wheels
- Nitto NT05 Tires
- ARK Performance DT-P Coilover Suspension Kit
- ARK Performance Strut Tower Brace
- Ad’ro/ARK “Solus” Wide Body Kit
- Front Bumper and Front Bumper Extensions
- Front Wide Fenders
- Side Skirts
- Rear Over Fenders
- Rear Bumper and Rear Bumper Extensions
- Ad’ro/ARK “Legato” Rear Trunk Spoiler
- Rockford Fosgate Complete PUNCH Premium Speaker System
- AiM Sports MXG Digital Color Display
- 2015 Hyundai Sonata Sport Steering Wheel
- Custom Redesigned Dashboard with Integrated Multimedia Screen
- Custom Carbon Fiber Dash, Center Armrest, and Door Inserts
- Synapse Engineering Gauges
- Custom Threaded Shifter
HYUNDAI MOTOR AMERICA
Hyundai Motor America, headquartered in Fountain Valley, Calif., is a subsidiary of Hyundai Motor Co. of Korea. Hyundai vehicles are distributed throughout the United States by Hyundai Motor America and are sold and serviced through more than 830 dealerships nationwide. All Hyundai vehicles sold in the U.S. are covered by the Hyundai Assurance program, which includes the 5-year/60,000-mile fully transferable new vehicle limited warranty, Hyundai’s 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain limited warranty and five years of complimentary Roadside Assistance. Hyundai Blue Link Connected Care provides owners of Hyundai models equipped with the Blue Link telematics system with proactive safety and car care services complimentary for one year with enrollment. These services include Automatic Collision Notification, Enhanced Roadside Assistance, Vehicle Diagnostic Alert, Monthly Vehicle Health Report and in-vehicle service scheduling.
For more details on Hyundai Assurance, please visit www.HyundaiAssurance.com