TAMPA, Fla., Jan. 21, 2020 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ — Individuals and families in Greater Tampa can now experience health care that is simple, convenient and affordable with the debut of HealthHUB, CVS Health’s new store design in nine CVS Pharmacy locations across the community. During a ribbon-cutting event at the company’s HealthHUB location at 704 West Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard in Seffner, FL., the community celebrated the new, innovative store format that features a broader range of health care services to help patients better manage chronic conditions; more products and services focused on overall health and wellness; and trusted advice and personalized care, all with the ease of walking into a local CVS Pharmacy.
“Helping people get well and stay well is at the heart of everything we do, and that is the focus of our new HealthHUB stores here in Houston,” said Brian Bosnic, Division Vice President for CVS Pharmacy in Florida. “Customers tell us they want local access to convenient, personalized and integrated health care. Our HealthHUB locations do just that — helping to elevate the store into a community-based health care destination where consumers can engage people they trust, who are accessible and knowledgeable, to help bring everything together in a better health experience at a lower cost.”
CVS Health began piloting HealthHUBs last year to overwhelming customer satisfaction. The introduction of nine HealthHUB locations in Tampa is part of the company’s strategy to scale the program nationally with plans to have up to 1,500 locations operating throughout the U.S. by the end of 2021.
“Access to good, quality healthcare is a fundamental right,” said Tampa Mayor Jane Castor. “CVS Health’s commitment to convenient, affordable health care at their HealthHUB locations will be welcomed with open arms and I can’t wait for more to open around the city.”
For many Americans, health care can be difficult to navigate. At a time when chronic disease continues to grow in prevalence and impact in the U.S., patients are also facing complexities and fragmentation when seeking the right care. Today, one in two Americans has at least one chronic illness, with data showing that close to $500 billion of the costs associated with chronic disease are avoidable.1 What’s more, nine out of 10 (91%) patients say they need more help with chronic disease management.2 The HealthHUB store format was developed to help people manage chronic conditions more conveniently and affordably by improving the overall patient experience and featuring a wide array of health and wellness products, clinical services and expertise.
“We are delivering real change to the health care system,” said Alan Lotvin, M.D., Chief Transformation Officer for CVS Health. “Through HealthHUBs, consumers are at the center of an unmatched retail health experience. The HealthHUB products and services are designed specifically with the consumer’s health needs, challenges, and goals in mind, so that they can easily receive coordinated, personalized care in a familiar, neighborhood location.”
Among the key features incorporated in a HealthHUB include:
Greater Selection of Health and Wellness Products
- Shop hundreds of products such as health devices that sync to your mobile phone, aromatherapy, fitness essentials, durable medical equipment, sleep apnea products and more.
More Personalized Support at CVS Pharmacy
- Education and counseling for patients with chronic conditions, helping to identify their next best action that enables better health outcomes and reduces medical costs.
- Pharmacist-led diabetes education counseling and smart device coaching for select blood glucose monitors.
- Smoking cessation plans for patients and caregivers to help patients quit smoking.
Expanded Services at MinuteClinic
- Services for minor illnesses and injuries, as well as immunizations, wellness and health checks.
- Screening, treatment and monitoring for chronic conditions such as high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
- Annual diabetic exam, including retinopathy screening.
- End-to-end sleep apnea solution, including sleep assessment by an independent third party provider.
- Suite of services to help manage common health conditions for young adults.
- Phlebotomy services in conjunction with a MinuteClinic visit.
Access to In-Store Community Programs
- Wellness rooms for group events such as health screenings, nutritional and lifestyle coaching, and benefits education.
- Learning table for customers to explore health and wellness apps and shop our expanded assortment of products on CVS.com.
HealthHUB locations will also feature an on-site Care Concierge team responsible for customer engagement, including educating customers about new service offerings, helping them navigate in-store services and events, and connecting them to a team of providers.
“Before I had to visit multiple locations to take care of my family’s health care needs,” said Vivian Semidey, who frequents the HealthHUB location in Seffner, FL to continue her recovery from back surgery, get trusted advice about managing her high blood pressure and pick-up medication for an elderly parent. “I was quite surprised that everything I need for me and my family to get healthy is right here in one convenient location.”
CVS Health has 53 HealthHUB locations operational in five states, including Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Texas. The company plans to bring its HealthHUB store format to 17 states in the first part of 2020 as part of its national expansion.
The HealthHUB locations in Tampa include:
- 30387 U.S. Highway 19 N, Clearwater, FL 33761
- 5010 S Florida Avenue, Lakeland, FL 33813
- 2322 Land O Lakes Blvd., Lutz, FL 33549
- 5905 U.S. Highway 301 S, Riverview, FL 33578
- 8001 9th Street N, Saint Petersburg, FL 33702
- 704 W Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, Seffner, FL 33584
- 5357 Ehrlich Road, Tampa, FL 33625
- 1000 East Tarpon Avenue, Tarpon Springs, FL 34689
- 1929 Bruce B. Downs Blvd., Wesley Chapel, FL 33543
Added Bosnic, “Our company has long focused on ways to bring effective tools, resources and solutions to our communities in order to improve health care for individuals and their families. With HealthHUB, we are taking that commitment to the next level.”
About CVS Health
CVS Health (NYSE: CVS) is the nation’s premier health innovation company helping people on their path to better health. Whether in one of its pharmacies or through its health services and plans, CVS Health is pioneering a bold new approach to total health by making quality care more affordable, accessible, simple and seamless. CVS Health is community-based and locally focused, engaging consumers with the care they need when and where they need it. The Company has approximately 9,900 retail locations, approximately 1,100 walk-in medical clinics, a leading pharmacy benefits manager with approximately 102 million plan members, a dedicated senior pharmacy care business serving more than one million patients per year and expanding specialty pharmacy services. CVS Health also serves an estimated 38 million people through traditional, voluntary and consumer-directed health insurance products and related services, including rapidly expanding Medicare Advantage offerings and a leading standalone Medicare Part D prescription drug plan. The Company believes its innovative health care model increases access to quality care, delivers better health outcomes and lowers overall health care costs. Find more information about how CVS Health is shaping the future of health at https://www.cvshealth.com.
Joe Goode, (401) 770-9820
Photo – https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/1079831/cvs_health_exterior_shot_of_healthhub_location_at_cvs_pharmacy_store_promo_image.jpg
Photo – https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/1079832/cvs_health_healthhub_services_and_care_concierge_at_cvs_pharmacy_store_promo_image.jpg
Photo – https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/1079833/cvs_health_healthhub_location_at_cvs_pharmacy_store_image.jpg
Logo – https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/142305/cvs_health_logo.jpg
SOURCE CVS Health