ST. LOUIS, Sept. 15, 2016 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ — The United Soybean Board(USB) kicked off a national contest in celebration of the newly launched Soy Connection Spanish-language microsite inviting moms nationwide to join a bilingual recipe video exchange.
The contest will begin on September 15, 2016 and run through October 7, 2016. To enter, contestants must simply make a video (maximum three minutes) of themselves preparing their favorite recipe featuring soybean oil, upload the video to YouTube and share the video link with the United Soybean Board. Content will be judged based on visual and/or spoken integration of 100% soybean oil, creativity and video quality. The United Soybean Board will give away one $5,000 grand prize and five $1,000 runner-up prizes.
Soybean oil’s benefits make it the perfect choice for family cooking:
- 0g trans fats per serving1
- Principal source of omega-3s, which can help reduce blood pressure and prevent heart disease2
- A principal commercial source of vitamin E in the U.S. diet, which prevents cell damage that may lead to diseases such as cancer and heart disease2
- Unsaturated fats are found in soybean oil, and when they replace saturated fats, they can lower both total and “bad” LDL cholesterol levels3
To learn more about the benefits of cooking with soybean oil or to submit a contest entry, visit http://www.soyconnection.com/i-am-for-soy. For complete contest rules, visit http://www.soyconnection.com/i-am-for-soy-contest-rules.
About The United Soybean Board
USB’s 70 farmer-directors work on behalf of all U.S. soybean farmers to achieve maximum value for their soy checkoff investments. These volunteers invest and leverage checkoff funds in programs and partnerships to drive soybean innovation beyond the bushel and increase preference for U.S. soy. That preference is based on U.S. soybean meal and oil quality and the sustainability of U.S. soybean farmers. As stipulated in the federal Soybean Promotion, Research and Consumer Information Act, the USDA Agricultural Marketing Service has oversight responsibilities for USB and the soy checkoff.
For more information on the United Soybean Board, visit www.unitedsoybean.org
Visit us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SoyConnection
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/SoyConnection
View our YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/SoyConnection
- USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference.
- PM Kris-Etherton, Denise Shaffer Taylor, et al. “Polyunsaturated fatty acids in the food chain in the United States.” Am J Clin Nutr. 2000 Jan; 71(1) 1: 179S-188S.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2010. 7th edition, Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office, December 2010, Dietary Guidelines.