HOFFMAN ESTATES, Illinois, Nov. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ — Sears, a leading integrated retailer, has introduced “Reserve It” – a free service that lets Shop Your Way members simply identify apparel and footwear items in-stock at their local store, easily place them on hold and then try them on in-store. The new shopping convenience is the latest in a series of integrated retail innovations Sears has introduced since last holiday season.
“Time is often the greatest gift one can receive during the busy holiday season and Reserve It gives our members that gift,” said Leena Munjal, senior vice president, Sears Holdings. “Reserve It combines the digital world of ecommerce with in-store shopping – including the ability to touch, feel and try on clothes and footwear – to streamline and personalize the experience for our members like never before.”
How it works:
- Members log in to their Shop Your Way account on Sears.com and select their local Sears store; apparel and footwear product searches will now show items in-stock at that specific store.
- The member clicks on the product, style and size they want, then selects “Reserve In Store.” Members will receive an email and/or text notification to alert them when their products are ready to try on.
- Upon arrival at their local Sears, the member will find their item personally labeled and ready to try on at the Reserve It rack located in the apparel section (reserved items are held for 48 hours). The member can then complete their purchase at a nearby register.
“Reserve It is a more efficient way to shop for clothes and shoes,” said Munjal. “Instead of browsing through racks to find your size, color and style, you’ve already browsed with a few clicks online, and when you arrive at the store your selections are hand-picked, ready and waiting for you to try on.”
The Reserve It launch comes as projections from the National Retail Federation reveal that online shopping will hit an all-time high this holiday – 56 percent of shoppers plan to shop online.*
Since pioneering buy online, pickup in-store 13 years ago, Sears has introduced a series of multi-channel shopping options that connect the online and in-store shopping experience. Along with Reserve It, members and customers have three more new ways to shop using Sears integrated retail options this holiday, including:
- In-Vehicle Pickup, Return and Exchange in Five – a game changer and retail industry first. The service, powered by the Shop Your Way mobile app, lets members pick up, return or exchange their purchases for free – guaranteed in five minutes or less – without ever leaving their vehicle. See store or sears.com for further details.
- Expanded Free Store Pickup – an online/in-store collaboration that allows members to pick up sears.com or kmart.com orders at any of each other’s stores – more than 2,000 locations nationwide. The service gives shoppers more convenient access to an even wider selection of their favorite brand-name products.
- Shop Your Way Member Assist – uniquely leverages the online and mobile channels that members already use to give them quick and convenient access to the knowledge and expertise of local store associates. It offers a more personalized service experience and is another convenience for Shop Your Way members – enabling them to talk to knowledgeable sales associates remotely.
To learn more about Reserve It, visit the Shop Your Way YouTube channel to:
- See how Reserve It works: http://youtu.be/sXzFu137KKg
- Hear feedback from some of the first Shop Your Way members to try out the new service: http://youtu.be/mmvP4EgvGaQ
More information is also available on the Sears Holdings corporate blog, “SHC Speaks” at blog.searsholdings.com.
*According to the National Retail Federation’s Holiday Consumer Spending Survey; Oct. 16, 2014
About Shop Your Way®
Shop Your Way is a free social shopping destination and rewards program offering millions of products, personalized services, and advice. Through a network of retail partners and service providers, members can shop, compare, purchase items and earn points to use on future purchases. Members also enjoy special pricing, exclusive sales, events, access to celebrity brands and sweepstakes. And through the unique social community on shopyourway.com members can research and browse products, create wish lists, poll friends and family and even get advice from experts to help choose the products and services that best meet their needs.
There is no minimum purchase required for Shop Your Way members to redeem points and points can be used toward purchases across countless product categories. Download the free Shop Your Way app available on iTunes or Google Play.
About Sears, Roebuck and Co.
Sears, Roebuck and Co., a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD), is a leading integrated retailer providing merchandise and related services and is part of Shop Your Way, a social shopping experience where members have the ability to earn points and receive benefits across a wide variety of physical and digital formats through shopyourway.com. Sears, Roebuck offers its wide range of home merchandise, apparel and automotive products and services through Sears-branded and affiliated full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States. Sears, Roebuck also offers a variety of merchandise and services through sears.com, landsend.com and specialty catalogs. Sears, Roebuck offers consumers leading proprietary brands including Kenmore, Craftsman, and DieHard – among the most trusted and preferred brands in the U.S. The company is the nation’s largest provider of home services, with more than 14 million service and installation calls made annually. For more information, visit the Sears, Roebuck website at www.sears.com or the Sears Holdings Corporation website at www.searsholdings.com.
Zeno Group for Sears