SACRAMENTO, California, May 8, 2020 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ — California Lawyers Association (CLA) and its team of volunteers and staff have created and compiled a wealth of resources to aid the public as the world experiences the incredible upheaval brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic. CLA’s COVID-19 Public Resources page is a steadily growing portal of information and guidance designed to help navigate this crisis.
CLA CEO and Executive Director Ona Alston Dosunmu emphasized the importance of supporting the public at large. “As attorneys, we are trusted advisors and community leaders and now, more than ever, it is important to support each other, our neighbors and our communities,” Dosumnu said. “When a crisis like this occurs, we must pull together to come out stronger on the other side.”
CLA and its volunteers have created several new resources to help guide individuals and businesses through these uncertain times. Expert attorneys from across the State have contributed articles and thought leadership in their specialties to the Resources Page, including articles on California evictions and co-parenting, as well as contributions to outside sources of information. CLA has also created a new public focus video series, “Navigating COVID-19 Issues” which addresses important issues faced by families, businesses, and employers. The series already has 28 installments online and on CLA’s YouTube Channel with more added weekly. Each video taps into the legal specialization of CLA’s experienced volunteers and covers a range of topics:
- Employee and Employer Concerns
- Employee Benefits
- Update: Employee Benefits
- Employee Benefits SPANISH
- Update: Employee Benefits SPANISH
- Employee Health and Safety
- Employee Health and Safety SPANISH
- Employee Leave Laws
- Employee Leave Laws SPANISH
- Employer Concerns
- Employer Concerns SPANISH
- Notify Your Employees About HR 6201 Rights
- Communicating with Your Workforce
- Family Law Concerns
- General Information about Custody and Spousal Support
- Child Support and Spousal Support
- Custody and Visitation
- Domestic Violence Protection During the Pandemic
- CARES Loan Program and Tax Concerns
- Loan Programs: What’s In It For Me?
- Loan Programs: Applying for C19 Loans
- Loan Programs: Increasing EIDL Loan Value
- Loan Programs: Loan Forgiveness
- Loan Programs: Building Success
- Tax Implications and Eligibility of Benefits Under the CARES Act
- Bankruptcy Issues
- Essential Insolvency Questions and Concerns for Business Owners
- Tenant and Real Property Concerns
- Overview of California’s Eviction Moratorium
- Hospital and Healthcare Concerns
- Healthcare Provider Employment Concerns
- Telehealth Updates
- Immediate Challenges Facing Hospitals
- Other Concerns
- Cyber Security Basics for the Work from Home Economy
All videos have English closed captions, and many are either available in Spanish or have Spanish closed captions.
In addition, CLA has carefully curated a selection of other resources, including analyses and summaries of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, webinars on COVID-19, and free legal resources from Disaster Legal Assistance Collaborative. This is supplemented by a list of resources available through local government and agencies, banking institutions, industry groups, and mental health groups.
The COVID-19 Public Resource page and Video series are part of CLA’s Access to Justice Initiative. Find these resources and more at calawyers.org/covid-19-public-resources/. Please contact CLA or your local bar association if you need the assistance of an attorney.
ABOUT CALIFORNIA LAWYERS ASSOCIATION
Established in 2018, the California Lawyers Association is the bar association for all California attorneys. CLA’s mission is to promote excellence, diversity and inclusion in the legal profession and fairness in the administration of justice and the rule of law.
SOURCE California Lawyers Association