SANTA MONICA, Calif., Sept. 11, 2015 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ — Entravision Communications Corporation (NYSE: EVC), a diversified media company serving Latino audiences and communities, and the National Football League today announced a three-year radio broadcasting agreement. Under the agreement, Entravision will broadcast all NFL regular season Sunday night games, two Thanksgiving games, and all AFC Playoff games including Wild Card, Divisional and Championship games in Spanish during the 2015, 2016 and 2017 NFL seasons. Following the 2016 playoffs, Entravision will also broadcast Super Bowl LI. All games will be broadcast live on 15 Entravision radio stations in 13 markets across the United States and various Entravision Solutions Audio Radio Network stations.
Entravision will also produce and broadcast a one-hour weekly recap radio show prior to each Sunday night game. The agreement also includes weekly NFL coverage within Entravision’s local Univision affiliate news broadcasts, and a weekly thirty minute NFL recap television show on the LATV network starting with the 2016 football season.
Entravision game broadcasts of the 2015 NFL regular season will kick off on Sunday September 13th when the New York Giants face the Dallas Cowboys at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas. Coverage will begin at 8:15 PM ET with the pre-game followed by the live play-by-play of the game.
“This is a monumental agreement for Entravision and we are thrilled to provide our audiences with premiere NFL coverage. U.S. Latinos are avid sports enthusiasts and a growing part of the NFL fan base,” said Jeffery Liberman, Chief Operating Officer of Entravision. “Entravision is proud to offer our advertisers this unique opportunity to connect with the NFL and our listeners.”
“We’re excited to begin this partnership with Entravision, and we look forward to expanding our offering of games and content to the U.S. Latino audience. Entravision has a strong group of radio assets in key markets and will be a valuable addition to our distribution network,” said Jaime Weston, Senior Vice President of Marketing, Creative and Branding, NFL.
Entravision will bring more than 20 NFL games during the 2015 season to Spanish-language audiences on their owned and operated radio stations, including:
- Phoenix, AZ – KLNZ 103.5 FM TriColor
- El Centro Yuma, CA – KMXX 99.3 FM TriColor
- Los Angeles, CA – KSSE / KSSD 107.1 FM Super Estrella
- Monterey/Salinas, CA – KLOK 99.5/99.9 FM TriColor
- Palm Springs, CA – KPST 103.5 FM TriColor
- Sacramento, CA – KRCX 99.9 FM TriColor
- Stockton/Modesto, CA – KMIX 100.9 FM TriColor
- Aspen, CO – KPVW 107.1 FM TriColor
- Denver, CO – KXPK 96.5 FM TriColor
- Las Vegas, NV – KQRT 105.1 FM TriColor
- Reno, NV – KRNV 102.1 FM TriColor
- El Paso, TX – KYSE 94.7 FM TriColor
- Lubbock, TX – KAIQ 95.5 FM TriColor
The NFL and Entravision partnership is dedicated to providing the best Spanish-language coverage for NFL Sunday night broadcasts. Entravision’s broadcasts will feature pre-game and play-by-play commentary, respectively, from:
- Tony Nunez, the sports reporter for the nationally syndicated morning show, “Los Picudos por la Manana,” on the Tricolor Radio network. Nunez has over 12 years of broadcast experience as an on-air personality, producer and sports reporter.
- Erwin Higueros, originally a native of Oakland, CA, a 27-year veteran of Bay Area sports broadcasting and recipient of the Community Service Award from the Hispanic Heritage Baseball Museum in 2013. Higueros has done Spanish play-by-play for a number of sports teams including the Oakland A’s, Fresno State Bulldogs, San Francisco Giants, San Jose Sharks, Oakland Raiders and San Francisco 49ers.
About The National Football League
The National Football League is America’s most popular sports league, comprised of 32 franchises that compete each year to win the Super Bowl, the world’s biggest annual sporting event. Founded in 1920, the NFL developed the model for the successful modern sports league, including extensive revenue sharing, competitive excellence, strong franchises across the board, and national distribution.
About Entravision Communications Corporation
Entravision Communications Corporation is a diversified media company with an integrated platform of solutions and services that includes television, radio, digital media and data analytics to reach Latino audiences across the United States and Latin America. Entravision has 58 primary television stations, including in 20 of the nation’s top 50 Latino markets, and is the largest affiliate group of both the top-ranked Univision television network and Univision’s UniMas network. Entravision also operates one of the nation’s largest groups of primarily Spanish-language radio stations, consisting of 49 owned and operated radio stations, and Entravision Solutions, a national sales representation and marketing organization specializing in Spanish-language media platforms and radio networks. Entravision also offers a variety of digital media platforms and services, including digital content, digital advertising platforms, including the #1-ranked online advertising platform in Hispanic reach, according to comScore Media Metrix®, and data analytics solutions designed to maximize the opportunity for advertisers and marketers to connect with the growing Latino consumer market. Entravision shares of Class A Common Stock are traded on The New York Stock Exchange under the symbol: EVC.