Powered by Toyota, National Tour Kicks-off in Miami
TORRANCE, California, Sept. 24, 2015 /PRNewswire/ — Aficionados of J Balvin, aren’t just fans, they’re familia. And as such, those in some markets will have a chance to win concert tickets and meet the artist.
A roar filled James L Knight Center in Miami last night as the Colombian Reggaeton singer took the stage to kick-off his first headlining U.S. tour. The artist is red hot – with two Latin Grammy nominations and his latest single, “Ginza,” topping the “Latin Airplay Chart” for three straight weeks – and the fans responded. Fittingly, Mexican-American singer-songwriter Becky G opened the show with her newest single, “Break A Sweat.”
Over the next two months, these fast-rising artists will share their talent with thousands of music lovers in 20 cities across the U.S. As presenting sponsor, Toyota will share the spotlight, enhancing the “La Familia” fan experience at many concert stops through interactive vehicle displays and other on-site activities, such as selfie and dancing stations.
Fans in some markets will have an opportunity to ride and drive Toyota vehicles, as well as a chance to win concert tickets and meet the artists the night of the show.
“Toyota certainly recognizes the power and importance of music in the lives of so many of our guests,” said Jack Hollis, group vice president marketing, Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. “As a company, we are excited to partner with J Balvin on his first headlining tour, which also features one of our own, Becky G. We cherish our role in music, and will continue to foster the growth of up-and-coming artists like the two them on their journeys to making their dreams a reality.”
With multiple chart-topping hits, critical acclaim, record-setting video views and surging social media numbers, J Balvin is unquestionably Latin Music’s top new star. An emerging artist in her own right, Becky G was named among Time magazine’s most influential teens of 2014.
“Last night was an epic explosion of musical sights and sounds. We’re looking forward to hearing more great music on this tour, and to making great connections with our guests along the way,” added Hollis.
For more news and updates on the tour, follow @ToyotaLatino on Twitter and Facebook and the hashtag #VayamosJuntos.
La Familia tour schedule:
- September 23 – James L. Knight Center, Miami, FL
- September 24 – Hard Rock Live, Orlando, FL
- September 26 – The Tabernacle, Atlanta, GA
- September 27 – The Fillmore, Charlotte, NC
- September 30 – VENUE TBC, Philadelphia, PA
- October 1 – Best Buy Theater, New York, NY
- October 3 – Echostage, Washington, D.C.
- October 4 – House of Blues, Boston, MA
- October 8 – Aragon Ballroom, Chicago, IL
- October 9 – Myth, St. Paul, MN
- October 11 – Grand Prairie, TX
- October 15 – Club Escapada, Houston, TX
- October 16 – Boggus Ford Events Center, Pharr, TX
- October 17 – Bass Concert Hall, Austin, TX
- October 18 – VENUE TBC, El Paso, TX
- October 20 – Rabobank Theatre, Bakersfield, CA
- October 22 – Shrine Expo Hall, Los Angeles, CA
- October 23 – San Jose Events Center, San Jose, CA
- October 24 – The Joint, Las Vegas, NV
- October 25 – Humphrey’s Concerts By the Bay, San Diego, CA
Toyota (NYSE:TM), the world’s top automaker and creator of the Prius and the Mirai fuel cell vehicle, is committed to building vehicles for the way people live through our Toyota, Lexus and Scion brands. Over the past 50 years, we’ve built more than 25 million cars and trucks in North America, where we operate 14 manufacturing plants (10 in the U.S.) and directly employ more than 42,000 people (more than 33,000 in the U.S.). Our 1,800 North American dealerships (1,500 in the U.S.) sold more than 2.67 million cars and trucks (more than 2.35 million in the U.S.) in 2014 – and about 80 percent of all Toyota vehicles sold over the past 20 years are still on the road today.