KWHY-TV Noticias 22 MundoFOX is the Fastest Growing Late Evening Newscast in Los Angeles
During Highly Contested November Sweeps, Channel 22 News Delivers Higher Ratings and Outperforms KTTV-Fox, KTLA-CW, and Beats KFTR-UniMas in Primetime
LOS ANGELES, Dec. 2, 2014 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ — KWHY-TV 22, the MundoFOX Los Angeles television network affiliate posted one of its strongest ratings books to-date, according to Nielsen’s November 2014 Sweeps, finishing as the fastest growing late newscast in Los Angeles, with viewership now comparable to the 10 p.m. English language newscasts.
“Noticias 22 is in fact ‘The Voice of Our City‘, and our growth is breaking news,” affirmed Otto Padron, President of Meruelo Media, “our team of highly dedicated journalists, have earned this trademark by producing compelling, impactful, and engaging reporting and delivering resounding results.”
KWHY-TV 22 MundoFOX November Ratings & Broadcast Highlights:
- Noticias 22 at 10 p.m. is L.A.’s fastest growing late newscast, based on average weekday ratings among both Adults 18-49 (up 93% from November 2013, from 0.27 NSI rating to 0.52) and Adults 25-54 (up 95%, from 0.43 NSI rating to 0.84) — a bigger increase than any other late newscast: 10 p.m. or 11 p.m., Spanish or English.
- For the key demographic of news viewers (Adults 25-54), Noticias 22 at 10 p.m. (Monday through Friday) averaged 0.84 NSI rating, beating the competing newscasts on KTTV-Fox (0.68), KTLA-CW (0.82), and neck-to-neck with KCAL-TV (0.85).
- In primetime, KWHY-TV 22, for the first time in a ratings period, scored higher ratings among Adults 25-54 than KFTR-UniMas, averaging 0.52 rating (Monday to Friday, 7-11P) compared to 0.42.
- Noticias 22 delivered a compelling investigative series from Israel, “Tierra Santa, Tierra Prometida” where main news anchor, Palmira Perez, visited the holy land, bringing viewers a unique perspective of its biblical and historical sites to include a rare interview with Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu during the recent Jerusalem disturbances.
- Also, Noticias 22 brought its viewers stories that impacted their lives and LA’s communities such as an investigate series on the negative effects of water conservation within an aging Los Angeles aqueduct; as well as series on police brutality, homelessness and an alternative cure using magnetic currents.
- Noticias 22 also led with breaking and continuing coverage from Las Vegas on President Obama’s Immigration Reform Executive Order; as well as following the Brown Case developing racial tensions in Ferguson, Missouri as well as the local perspective in Los Angeles.
For more information on MundoFOX Canal 22 and Noticias 22 please visit www.mundofox22.com.
About Meruelo Media
Meruelo Media (MM) is the media division of The Meruelo Group. MM currently operates two Southern California Legendary media platforms; the classic hip-hop and R&B radio station, 93.5 KDAY and one of Los Angeles’ oldest Hispanic TV stations, KWHY-TV Canal 22, which is currently the flagship of MundoFOX Television Network. MM also owns the first and only US Hispanic Super Station, Super LA, airing on its KWHY-TV second digital stream and reaching over 6 Million Homes over various multiple video delivery providers. MM also operates television stations in Houston and Santa Barbara. The Meruelo Group is a minority owned, privately-held management company serving a diversified portfolio of affiliated entities with interests in banking and financial services; food services, manufacturing, distribution and restaurant operations; construction and engineering; hospitality and gaming; real estate management; media, public and private equity investing. For more information please visit www.meruelogroup.com.