CLEVELAND, July 12, 2016 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ — Centered between Quicken Loans Arena and Progressive Field is Freedom Plaza, an open air gathering space unique to the 2016 Republican National Convention. Freedom Plaza will be home to a “Salute to America”; the cuisine and music of the South, East, West, and Midwest will be featured each day of the Convention. All Convention attendees are welcome to grab a drink, indulge in local fare, listen to some great music, and mix and mingle in the hours before and after each Convention session.
“Cleveland has become home for our Convention staff for nearly two years, and we are excited to share the experiences we’ve enjoyed with the guests coming for the 2016 Republican National Convention,” Convention CEO Jeff Larson said. “The Convention is a time of celebration for the Republican party and the Freedom Plaza will help us bring lasting memories to the 2016 Convention.”
See below for the full list of entertainers that will be playing during the Republican National Convention:
- Monday, July 18th – Swon Brothers/Hope Country
- Tuesday, July 19th – Super Diamond/Dave Fenley
- Wednesday, July 20th – Lee Brice/Jordy Searcy
- Thursday, July 21st – Hope Country/The Sensations
Freedom Plaza will feature food that represents every corner of the United States, as well as wine and beer made right here in Ohio! Check out what will be available for purchase below:
- Del’s Catering – All-American Cheeseburger, Cleveland Polish Boy, Applewood Smoked Pulled Pork or Chicken Sliders, and Macaroni and Cheese
- Southern Food Tent (Marigold Catering) – Grits’n’more, Chicken and Sausage Gumbo, Red Beans and Braised Okra
- Midwest Food Tent (Marigold Catering) – Pierogis, Crispy Cheddar and Bacon Frizzled Onions, Kielbasa with Sweet Peppers and Caramelized Onions, Sour Cream, Pickled Onions and Wild Mushrooms
- East Meets West Food Tent (Marigold Catering) – Braised Beef Brisket or Pulled Pork Tacos with Red Cabbage Slaw and Pickled Red Onions, New England Lobster Roll, Lobster and Shrimp Salad
- Wines from Dark Horse winery and Covey Run winery
- Beers from Brooklyn Brewery, Great Lakes Brewing Company, Thirsty Dog Brewing Company, and Market Garden Brewery
Freedom Plaza will be open for several hours before each session and even after sessions end. Please see the full list of open hours:
- Monday, July 18th – 11 AM – 1 PM and 11 PM – 1 AM
- Tuesday, July 19th – 2:30 – 5:30 PM and 11 PM – 1 AM
- Wednesday, July 20th – 4 – 7 PM and 11 PM – 1 AM
- Thursday, July 21st – 4:30 – 7:30 PM and 11 PM – 1 AM
*Freedom Plaza Hours are subject to change.
If you have any questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paid for by the Committee on Arrangements for the 2016 Republican National Convention. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate’s committee.