MIAMI, Dec. 2, 2015 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ — Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc. (“SBS”) (NASDAQ: SBSA) (the “Company”) today announced the launch of its LaMusica app. LaMusica is a mobile music product that offers exclusive content including live streams of SBS’ market-leading radio stations and talent, a “My Radio” innovative personalization tool, hundreds of expertly curated playlists as well as social networking features and access to more than 23 million songs. The app was launched in an effort to address the underserved needs of the Latino “Millennial” smartphone user.
LaMusica redefines mobile radio with an immersive visual experience unlike any other streaming app available in the market today. Users can live stream all of SBS’ radio stations and create their own unique radio experience with seamless access to a collection of over 23 million songs. LaMusica also offers hundreds of expertly curated playlists, including those created by today’s most popular DJ’s. Users will have the ability to create individual radio stations based on their favorite artists, songs or genres. Additionally, they will be able to further personalize their radio experience with “My Radio” a feature, developed exclusively by LaMusica’s product team. The free app is now available for download for iPhones via the iTunes App store and for Android via the Google Play store. Users will be able to enjoy LaMusica with either an English or Spanish-language interface.
“Our goal was to redefine the traditional radio/music-listening experience by adding a highly compelling, highly engaging, visual component,” said Raul Alarcon, Jr., Chairman and CEO of SBS. “LaMusica truly unlocks the power of our content, and the immense popularity of today’s Latino artists: offering our audience an innovative way to enjoy and engage with their favorite artists.”
“Music is one of the strongest cultural bonds that unite Latinos, a hyper-connected and community-driven group who significantly over-index on overall mobile usage,” said Jesus Lara, EVP, Digital Media of SBS “Our LaMusica app will fuel the vibrant and deep-rooted relationship Latinos have with artists and music, and give our audience a rich and personalized mobile radio experience. LaMusica was built by Latinos, for Latinos.”
Key app features include:
- Exclusive content: Live stream all SBS radio stations including the most popular Latin radio stations in the U.S. and Puerto Rico – La Mega (WSKQ) in New York City, El Zol (WXDJ) in Miami, La Raza (KLAX) in Los Angeles, and La Mega (WMEG) in Puerto Rico, among others.
- Personalized radio experience: Users can create their own algorithmic playlists based on artist, song or genre preferences. LaMusica takes radio personalization further via the “My Radio / Mi Radio” feature.
- Curated playlists: Over 100 expertly-curated playlists based on Latin and other music genres, an extended list of mood & activity playlists, and select playlists crafted by today’s top DJs and other influencers.
- Robust library: Catalogue of over 23 million songs.
- Unmatched genre variety: Extensive Latin genre playlists, including current, classic, roots, and top 40, and decade specific playlists among others.
- Share with Friends – Share your favorite stations or playlists with your friends across major social media networks.
- Immersive visual interface: Intuitive and visually stunning interface allows users to easily follow and organize their preferred stations, playlists and DJs, while experiencing an endless visual stream of their favorite artists.
The ad-supported LaMusica app offers a multitude of creative and dynamic opportunities for advertising partners, including video and rich media ads, sponsorship of stations and zones, branded custom stations, geo-targeted push notification and ad delivery capabilities, audio ads with companion banners, and much more.
Given the highly scalable nature of the app, Spanish Broadcasting plans to add incremental functionality and release updates to the initial version of LaMusica. More information about the LaMusica app and its many features can be found on http://www.lamusica.com/.
Artist Support for LaMusica
The launch of the LaMusica app has quickly generated tremendous industry and artist excitement:
- “SBS is once again at the cutting edge in creatively serving the needs of an enormous market with LaMusica, their new beautiful, user-friendly mobile app. It’s a winner!!” – Marc Anthony
- “VIVA LaMusica! SBS is to be congratulated for building a music service that authentically connects with Latinos via a thoroughly engaging and user-friendly smartphone app. They have raised the bar, once again.” – Enrique Iglesias
- “We are in an exciting time in music where fans can consume music in more ways than ever before. SBS’ La Musica is important because it’s the first music streaming service to focus on our culture and music. It’s an incredible accomplishment and well overdue”. – Juanes
- “Everyone involved in Latino Music – the artists, the labels, the managers, the promoters, and most especially the fans, welcome the arrival of this new digital smartphone app. LaMusica is sure to be a huge success with Latinos, everywhere!” – Ricky Martin
- “Finally! A music service that clearly understands our culture and is dedicated to serving MILLIONS of aficionados of nuestra musica! Get ready!” – Gerardo Ortiz
- “My Congratulations to a great visionary and friend, Raul Alarcon, on his new venture. As always I wish him well!” – Shakira
- “Congrats to all the good people at SBS for giving us LaMusica – a novel way to both see and hear music.” – Romeo Santos
About Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc.
Spanish Broadcasting System, Inc. is the largest publicly traded Hispanic-controlled media and entertainment company in the United States. SBS owns 20 radio stations located in the top U.S. Hispanic markets of New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Chicago, San Francisco and Puerto Rico, airing the Tropical, Regional Mexican, Spanish Adult Contemporary, Top 40 and Latin Rhythmic format genres. SBS also operates AIRE Radio Networks, a national radio platform which creates, distributes and markets leading Spanish-language radio programming to over 100 affiliated stations reaching 88% of the U.S. Hispanic audience. SBS also owns MegaTV, a television operation with over-the-air, cable and satellite distribution and affiliates throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico. SBS also produces live concerts and events and owns 21 bilingual websites, including www.LaMusica.com, an online destination and mobile app providing content related to Latin music, entertainment, news and culture. For more information, visit us online at www.spanishbroadcasting.com.