Fight cards both Friday and Saturday via Ring TV and Golden Boy Productions, La Liga’s ‘El Clasico’ match Saturday between Real Madrid and FC Barcelona
WEST PALM BEACH, Florida, Nov. 19, 2015 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ — Broadband OTT television service YipTV has a powerful one-two punch of sports action this weekend with topnotch boxing both Friday and Saturday and the long-anticipated Spanish La Liga “El Clásico” matchup between Real Madrid and FC Barcelona, also on Saturday.
Starting at 8 p.m. EST Friday, YipTV’s televised boxing collaboration with Oscar De La Hoya’s RingTV and Golden Boy Promotions will carry bouts from The Joint at the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas that feature:
- Super bantamweights Diego De La Hoya (12-0, 7 KOs), of Mexicali, Mexico, versus Giovanni Delgado (15-3, 9 KOs), of Mexico City, Mexico, in the eight-round main event;
- Welterweight John Karl Sosa (13-0, 6 KOs), of Caguas, Puerto Rico, squaring off against Alan Sanchez (16-3-1, 8 KOs), of Fairfield, Calif., in the eight-round co-main event;
- Featherweight Horacio Garcia (29-1, 20 KOs), of Guadalajara, Mexico, battling Raul Hidalgo (24-13, 18 KOs), of Nuevas Casas Grandes, Mexico, in another eight-rounder;
- Super bantamweight Roy Tapia (11-0-2, 6 KOs), of East Los Angeles, Calif., vs. Erik Ruiz (14-4, 6 KOs), of Oxnard, Calif., in an eight-rounder;
- Super middleweight Jason Quigley (8-0, 8 KOs), of Donegal, Ireland, pitted against Marchristopher Adkins, (5-1 2 KOs) in a four-round matchup;
- Featherweight Francisco Esparza (1-0), of Las Vegas, against Jose Rodriguez (2-1, 1 KO), of San Juan, Puerto Rico, in a four-rounder.
On Saturday, the preliminary bouts YipTV carries beginning at 7 p.m. EST from the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino include:
- Junior Lightweight Guillermo Rigondeaux (15-0, 10 KOs), of Santiago, Cuba, going head to head vs. Drian Francisco (28-3-1, 22 KOs), of Sablayan, the Philippines, in a 10-rounder;
- Lightweight Albrerto Machado (11-0, 9 KOs), of San Juan, Puerto Rico, punching against Tyrone Luckey (8-4-2, 6 KOs), of Long Branch, N.J., in a six-rounder;
- Featherweight Jayson Velez (23-0-1, 16 KOs), of Caguas, Puerto Rico, vs. Ronny Rios (24-1, 10 KOs), of Santa Ana, Calif., in a 10-rounder;
- Heavyweight Zhang Zhilei (5-0, 3 KOs), of Zhengzhou, China, vs. Juan Goode (6-2, 5 KOs), of Taylor, Mich., in a four-rounder;
- Junior bantamweight Jose Martinez (15-0, 11 KOs), of Las Marias, Puerto Rico, against Oscar Mojica (8-0, 1 KO), of Dallas, in a six-rounder;
- Lightweight Hector Tanajara Jr. (3-0, 2 KOs), of San Antonio, Texas, vs. Jose Fabian Naranjo (3-1-1, 1 KO), of Uruapan, Mexico.
“We are really excited for RingTV events to be broadcast on YipTV,” said Oscar De La Hoya, CEO, Golden Boy Productions. “It gives us a new way to reach boxing fans nationwide, whether it be in their living rooms via their smart TVs or their smartphones.”
Earlier Saturday, thanks to its relationship with beIN SPORTS, YipTV will carry one of European soccer’s most exciting matches as La Liga’s No. 2 Real Madrid tries to gain on No. 1 Barcelona as they square off in Madrid. Kick-off is at 12:15 p.m. ET.
“As avid sports fans ourselves, we know how much boxing and soccer fans look forward to main events like these,” said Michael Tribolet, YipTV CEO and co-founder. “Our customers told us they wanted more sports programming so we’ve been working hard to meet that need.”
YipTV can be viewed on subscribers’ smartphones and 18 of its channels are always free.
YipTV is available over any type of wired or wireless broadband connection, and is the first provider of personalized, low-cost TV content that eliminates the need for cable or satellite TV subscriptions. The service uses Internet-based delivery technology to provide affordable access to its wide range of international channels at only $14.99 a month, with no credit card required at sign up, no long-term service commitments and no contracts.
Subscribers sign up for YipTV via the web at www.YipTV.com, then download apps for iOS or Android devices from the Apple AppStore or GooglePlay. In addition to Android- or iOS-enabled smart devices, YipTV also lets subscribers use a Smart TV, laptop or desktop computer. It also can be viewed on a traditional TV screen using an Apple TV™ or a Google Chromecast™ device.
YipTV, Inc., is a privately held company with offices in West Palm Beach, Fla., and New Brunswick, N.J., that provides low-cost, live television channels, including domestic and international network content. Founded in 2012, YipTV is an Over the Top (OTT) television content provider that distributes over 100 channels and programs in multiple languages, letting subscribers watch YipTV on televisions, tablets, computers, smartphones and other Internet-enabled devices. YipTV sends video content via the public internet to broadband users, bypassing legacy cable systems and head end technology, and then passes that savings directly to the consumer. For more information, please visit https://www.yiptv.com/
About Golden Boy Promotions:
Los Angeles-based Golden Boy Promotions was established in 2002 by 10-time world champion in six divisions Oscar De La Hoya, the first Hispanic to own a national boxing promotional company. Golden Boy Promotions is one of boxing’s most active and respected promoters, presenting shows in packed venues around the world. For more information, visit www.GoldenBoyPromotions.com.
About beIN SPORTS USA
beIN SPORTS USA is the international sports network. Launched in 2012, beIN SPORTS is the fastest growing international sports network in the U.S. and is offered on 9 of the largest 10 cable/satellite TV providers in the U.S., as well as other systems across the country. beIN SPORTS offers viewers premium sports content and entertainment across multiple platforms including TV channels beIN SPORTS and beIN SPORTS en Español and live streaming on beIN SPORTS CONNECT. A cornerstone of beIN SPORTS is its unrivaled live soccer coverage, which includes live matches from La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1 and CONMEBOL/CONCACAF/CAF World Cup Qualifiers, as well as news and in-depth analysis of all the top leagues from around the world. With beIN SPORTS CONNECT, authenticated subscribers can also enjoy all the exciting action from the two networks and stream live overflow matches offered in HD on your computer, tablet or smart phone. In addition to soccer, beIN SPORTS serves as a haven to fans of motorsports, tennis, rugby, volleyball and boxing, among others.
Sue Huss, on behalf of YipTV